Bimetal Temperature Limiters
Traditional bimetal thermal protectors use a bimetal strip to convert a temperature increase into mechanical displacement. This is because the strip consists of two different materials that expand at different rates as they are heated. Usually, the pressure that keeps the contact closed depends on the temperature and can be very low at the nominal opening temperature. This can cause sparks that affect the service life of the contact.
This type of thermal protector is usually very sensitive to current and vibration.
Thermik | Bimetal temperature limiters
THE THERMIK SYSTEM
The Thermik system includes an additional spring disc (yellow disc), the function of which is to keep the contact closed. The bimetal disc (red) is relatively free to move as the temperature increases, until it springs back from being convex to being concave, overcoming the force of the spring disc and causing the contact to open immediately. The main advantages are:
- Increased breaking capacity
- Lower contact resistance
- Longer service life / less wear
- Small size
- Stable pressure
- we are the exclusive agents and distributors for Italy
- our modern laboratory makes it possible for us to advise customers about the right choice of protector for their application
- we have 2 million protectors in stock so we can easily meet sudden demand
- we can deliver even small quantities
- 600 active customers in Italy